Monday, December 20, 2010

Randomness 12-20-2010

-I've got a cold. Or maybe allergies, possibly both. I've got various medication running through my blood. Let's get kooky.

-I'm deathly afraid of slipping in the shower, always have been. As a kid, I'd stand on a wash cloth while showering, which in hindsight, would make me more susceptible to slipping and cracking my head open.

-I named my cat Taco because I love tacos.



-There's a documentary coming out called Bad Writing, and got me thinking: Is writing something you can get better with practice, or is it something you're inherently good at? I believe that writing is like a muscle, and the more you exercise it, the better it gets. That's why I write every day in journal, or do stuff like this when I'm feeling uncreative/uninspired to write. Gotta to keep your muscles in shape, right?

-My favorite comics super-heroes are, in order: Nightcrawler, Moon Knight, Batman, Iron Man, and Spider-Man.

-The funny thing is, that list is populated with Marvel charcters, but when I was a kid, I read primarily DC. Every Christmas I'd get an huge pack of 50 or so random DC comics.

-My first comic was given to me by a guy dressed up as Spider-Man, and in the comics, Spider-Man fought the Scorpion. It was rad.

-Nightcrawler is,or I guess was, the heart of the X-Men. He had one of the more original looks in comics, and one of the more fleshed out personalities. He was quirky, fun-loving, charismatic, and soulful. I think a lot of comic characters lack that "heart" that made Nightcrawler so appealing. He was the undaunted immigrant, the forever optimistic, and one of the few characters whose religion helped mold the characters, as opposed to defining the character. I think that's something writer's missed in later years, trying to define the character by his Catholicism, as opposed to it being a part, of many parts, about the character. I'm okay with deaths in comics, but I do think the X-Men comics lack the heart and warmth that Nightcrawler gave them.

-I write about comics a lot, but this isn't a comics blog. It's just something I like to discuss.

- Mumford & Sons "Sigh No More" is the album of the year for me, one of the best albums I've ever heard. I can listen it from start to finish and love every moment of it. Eels "End Times" , Eminem "Recovery", Kanye West's "My Beautiful, Dark, Twisted Fantasy" , and Johnny Cash's "American VI: Ain't No Grave" rounding out the top five.

-Kanye West, Jay-Z, and Brand New are my, right now, artists I'm trying to get every vinyl record of. I'm also trying to snag every vinyl of Cash's American series.

-I've recently really started to get in Bright Eyes. That's going to be my new "Gotta Have It" vinyl to be sure.

-When actually writing, I like to play stuff like Bright Eyes, or Brand New, in the background. Non-voice stuff, like NIN's Ghosts or even classical music, really works for me too.

-Google ads keeps trying to convince me I need Susan Boyle in my life. In fact, I do not need Susan Boyle in my life.

-Public School Reform is the hot topic that isn't getting nearly enough attention. Expct a longer, smarter post soon about this but yeah, the education in this country needs fixing.

-I'm a Ravens fan, and I love them to death and love when Ray Rice and company have a stellar game, but god damn, why did it have to happen in the fantasy football play-offs, when my opponent has Ray Rice?


As always, click the links over here ------> to buy/download some Kinsey goodness.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment